We provide a complete service for you as the Responsible Person.
Who is the Responsible Person?
If you want to import into or distribute cosmetic products throughout the EU, or if you are a brand owner, you need a “Responsible Person” for your products into the EU market.
“Only cosmetic products for which a legal or natural person is designated within the Community as ‘responsible person’ shall be placed on the market. In order to establish clear responsibilities, each cosmetic product should be linked to a responsible person established within the Community”.
If you are importing cosmetic products into the EU, or you are launching a start-up brand that may not have the facility to cater for an EU address and expenses in relation to hiring personnel, you can assign the responsibility to another company.
- Providing a traceable (not virtual) address in the UK.
- St. John Innovation Centre, Cambridge, UK (the address on your label).
- Ensuring that your products are complied with EU regulation 1223, 2009.
- Providing a Product Information File, including a safety assessment service.
- Registering your product on the EU portal (CPNP registration).
- Providing an immediate response to local and competent authorities in the UK and to any referral from an EU Member of States.
- We report any serious or undesirable effects to competent national authorities.
- We ensure cosmetic vigilance for your products and deal with competent authorities.
Please note that you only need ONE Responsible Person to launch your product in all EU countries.
You need to make sure that your Responsible Person updates you regularly on what they do for you and this Responsible Person needs to have up to date knowledge of regulations to be the right representative for you. With us, you can be confident that you are in the right hands.
Our service and price are not based on the number of visits that we may have from local authorities. Our service has no limit on referrals.